PUBG Early Access Patch Notes May 16th, 2017
Good morning everyone. There is a PUBG Early Access Week 8 Patch coming tomorrow (5/16/17). The test servers should be updated today(5/15/17) at some point.
UPDATE 9am CST, Live servers are now live with this week’s patch!
Here is our breakdown of the changes in the order that I consider important:
- Lag Switch as well as other Anti Cheat measures added.
- Bug fixes to correct the issue with your character getting stuck in objects such as boxes.
- Flash bang removed temporarily to resolve the issue with causing disconnects.
- Improvements on FPS drops while in a vehicle.
- Custom Games fix due to rain and various other sound changes.
There is not a whole bunch of changes in this patch, but I definitely see the game going in the right direction. We also posted a PUBG Dev Q&A from Twitch yesterday.
Like our PUBG Facebook page to get the news and our feedback as soon as it comes out.
Full story below.
We are now back on track with our weekly updates!
Since we haven’t had our weekly updates for the past 2 weeks, we’ll be updating this week’s patch on Tuesday, May 16th
The patch will first get updated on our test servers today at the following hours.
- May 15th (Monday) 3 PM KST
- May 14th (Sunday) 11 PM PDT
- May 15th (Monday) 6 AM UTC
The main servers will be updated with the new patch tomorrow, Tuesday May 16th, at 5 PM KST/1 AM PDT/8 AM UTC
Early Access – Week 8 Patch Notes
Client Performances Improvements
- Slightly improved the drop in FPS when driving vehicles
- In order to prevent using “lag switch” to cheat, the characters will now be locked and will not be able to move, rotate and attack others when the ping exceeds a certain value
- You will no longer be able to remove the environment foliage by revising the .ini file
- Fixed the issue that was causing the sound to break when there are too many vehicles in a small area
- Partially fixed a bug that caused the character to get stuck in different objects in the environment
- Partially fixed a bug that caused the game client to freeze
- Fixed a bug that caused the crosshair to still be visible while in no-UI mode
- Temporarily removed the flash bang from the game as it was causing game clients to freeze/crash
We will have all of the PUBG Patch Notes when they are released. Check out this great Facebook community for the latest in PUBG news and discussion.