Hello Battlegrounds Enthusiasts,
This week we’re bringing you something new that combines intense PUBG gunplay with the tactics of an arena shooter. We call this LABS experiment Arena Mode.
Arena Mode is a 64 person, squad-based match that drops you into one of several sectioned-off zones on Erangel, Miramar, or Sanhok. You’ll fight it out with up to two other squads to claim victory in your arena. Should you lose, your team will lose one of its 3 chances, which eliminates you once they’re gone. Claim victory, and move onto the next round with a stronger position than those who failed. When 3 or fewer squads remain, they’ll enter a Sudden Death arena where the winner takes all, regardless of how many chances you have left.
Arena mode has some other differences from a normal match as well. The biggest of which is that weapons do not spawn in the world. Instead, you will need to use currency that you earn by eliminating other players to purchase your arsenal through the Loadout menu (PC: L key, Console: Map key(System menu/Touch pad) by default). Knocked allies can also be revived in 5 seconds, which is important for maintaining your advantage in such small, intense fights.
Surviving the Arena means teamwork and smart tactical decisions. From matching your loadout to the terrain you’re in, to watching each other’s backs until you’ve got eyes on your enemies, to coordinating your attack, Arena Mode is sure to test your teamwork and communication skills.
Here’s a quick breakdown of all the rules:
- In each round, 2-3 squads will dive into a random, sectioned-off area.
- Each squad starts with 3 chances and will be eliminated once those chances are lost.
- When 3 or fewer squads remain, they are placed into a sudden death round where the winner takes the chicken, regardless of how many chances each squad has left.
- There are no world spawn weapons. You will earn points during each round that can be used to purchase weapons from the Loadout menu (PC: L key, Console: Map key(System menu/Touch pad)).
- Other items, such as attachments, helmets and vests, still spawn across the map.
- 64 players (16 squads)
- Erangel, Miramar, and Sanhok
- Squadmate revival time: 5 seconds
- Adjusted bluezone speed for more intense gameplay
- Your team will have 30 seconds to loot upon winning your Arena
- Observer Mode Enabled once your team has won an arena or been killed
Arena Mode will be available in LABS over 2 weeks, so make sure to grab your squad and drop in while it’s available.
1st – September 18th (16:00 KST) ~ September 21st (16:00 KST)
2nd – September 25th (16:00 KST) ~ September 28th (16:00 KST)
1st – September 25th (16:00 KST) ~ September 28th (16:00 KST)
2nd – October 2nd (16:00 KST) ~ October 5th (16:00 KST)
As always, your feedback here is important and will help shape the mode should we decide to continue development on it.
We’ll see you in the Arena!