PUBG June Update – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Patch Notes Month 3 Early Access
Major changes coming to PUBG in June. The PUBG June Update Early Access Patch Notes are now out. Find out what is coming this week to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
Here is are quick analysis of the PUBG Patch Notes. What to look forward to on Thursday(June 29th.):
- continued server performance tweaks go to
- dealing with cheaters better go to
- loot balance adjustments go to
- major network lag fixes go to
- fixes issues with random frame drops go to
- new guns including an AR and a pistol go to
- major gameplay changes including: Vector/UMP in burst mode, you can now pickup items while moving, you can now open doors while reloading, changed kill count system to count kills of knocked down opponents for the one who knocked them down. go to
- Added sunset and clear skies weather settings, cabins can now explode! go to
- Adjusted vehicles to face random directions at spawn. go to
- So many bug fixes. go to
Server performance has improved a lot over the course of the past few weekly patches. We will continue to work on improving server and client performance over the coming weeks and months.
We have also been working hard to tackle down cheating players. This is an ongoing battle, but one we are committed to fighting! We have banned 25,000+ users in the last 3 months, and work daily with BattlEye to add new protections and detections for cheats appearing on the market.
We are currently monitoring gameplay very carefully, and our data science team is spending much of their time preparing reports on how you play the game. We plan to make continuing changes to improve play area size & speed, loot balance, and gunplay properties in order to provide an exciting and fair gaming experience to everyone.
In case you missed it yesterday, we are also adjusting the loot balance this month.
This is our first real pass at adjusting the loot balance in the game after the data science team started their analysis. We will most likely be making several more of these passes during Early Access, so please don’t take this week’s upcoming change to the balance as final!
Due to a bug, we’ve been experiencing an issue where some items either spawned more or less than intended. This was discovered in the process of modifying the spawn table internal structure for developing custom games, and after following and testing the issue, we discovered that a similar issue was present throughout all spawn tables.
Not all items had issues, but we decided it was necessary to adjust some of the items that were spawned too much or too little for their tiers.
Even though it’s not bug-related, we also hope to improve the item looting experience for items that we’ve received a lot of user feedback on. Such improvements and adjustments will be made on a regular basis based on various data analysis and feedback.
Now onto what we have changed and fixed in this, our third monthly update.
This patch will be deployed to the Test Servers on Wednesday, June 28, and if everything is stable, to the Live Servers on Thursday.
Early Access – Month 3 – Patch Notes
- Improved network performance by reducing the amount of data being sent from the server to the client.
- Reduced network lag by preventing a large amount of data being sent from the server to the client simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue of frame drop when other characters were around by optimizing nearby characters.
- Fixed an issue of frame drop when vehicles were around by optimizing vehicles.
- Optimized the starting airplane and Care Package airplanes.
- Improved rendering performance of weapons from far-off.
- Made improvements to the weapon animations.
- Optimized many in-game effects, including the red zone bombing effect.
- Improved many UI features.
- Improved features regarding rainy weather.
- Added Groza. Groza is an AR chambered for 7.62mm ammo, and can only be acquired in Care Packages.
- Added P18C. P18C is a pistol chambered for 9mm ammo with a full auto fire-mode.
- Vector and UMP now support burst mode.
- You can now pick up items while moving. The interaction animation will not force you to stop anymore, but make you walk slowly.
- You may interact with doors, items, or vehicles while reloading. Reloads will be canceled with such interactions.
- The screen will be gradually desaturated based on remaining health during the REVIVE state.
- Blood effect does not appear during the REVIVE state anymore.
- Adjusted kill count system in Duo and Squad modes. A person knocking an opponent out will receive a kill count regardless of the actual killer.
- Adjusted F key (interaction) to prioritize the REVIVE action in certain cases
- You can now pull out pistols faster.
- Fire mode can no longer be switched during reload.
- Adjusted the play area to spawn more evenly within a circle, so that the play area does not appear in the center so frequently.
- Adjusted default quantity to be selected at 1 when pressing CTRL key at inventory to partially drop or pick up items.
- Adjusted motorcycle and motorcycle with sidecar to move more smoothly.
- You can no longer switch to/from prone while picking up items.
- Red Dot Sight is now attachable to pistols, except for the revolver.
- Increased the recoil on UMP.
- Added two new weather settings: Sunset and Clear Skies.
- Added destructible cabins.
- Added new animation for when a character is at the speed of taking fall damage.
Items & Vehicles
- Adjusted vehicles to face random directions at spawn.
- Adjusted loot balance for certain items.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers, SR Silencers, and 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.
- Increased spawn rate of items in regions and buildings with relatively low spawn rate.
- Changed the names of certain weapon attachments.
- Adjusted the spawn time of vehicles and speedboats, so that they can be seen from farther away.
- Improved the starting airplanes.
- Cargo door opens when participants get ejected from the airplane.
- Optimized lighting inside and outside of the airplane.
- Adjusted the direction of teammate icons to the direction the teammate faces.
- Added teammate list on World Map.
- Improved character’s recoil animation.
- Removed death marks of teammates after a certain period of time or distance away from the place of death.
- Added three new languages: Thai, Indonesian, and Vietnamese.
- Fixed an issue when the voice chat volume blasted momentarily after getting on an airplane.
- Fixed an issue where the character was not at the center of the screen while on a parachute.
- If you reload into game while in a parachute, you will still be in the parachute.
- Prevented users from removing outer walls of buildings by deleting certain files.
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a character to be stuck in terrain.
- Fixed a bug that caused a character to be misplaced after getting in a vehicle.
- Fixed a bug that caused effects to look identical underwater and outside of water.
- Fixed a bug that caused a character to make an interaction motion trying to pick up an item when there is no inventory space.
- Fixed a client crash that occurred when fences were destroyed.
- Fixed an issue of invisible fences even after destruction.
See you in-game,
This is all for now. Thanks for reading. See all PUBG Patch Notes.