PUBG July Update – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Patch Notes Month 4 Early Access
What’s coming in the PUBG July Update? We have the upcoming patch notes for the July Monthly Update for PUBG. They are schedule for next week(August 3rd, 2017.)
Major PUBG Gameplay Changes:
- 1st Person server options are coming to NA and EU SOLO & DUO game-modes
- FOV Slider for the 1st person view will be added to the game
- Mk14 EBR added to the game. This is an assault rifle using 7.62 Ammo. (Crate only)
- Leaderboard reset also incoming on August 1st. Details at bottom of page.
PUBG First Person mode confirmed by PUBG Creative Director Brendan Greene(PLAYERUNKNOWN) via Twitter.
See below for Gamescom details and New skins coming to PUBG.
Today I also want to talk about character customization, our plans for Gamescom this year.
We’re aware that many of you want new in-game skins to further customize your character. While we won’t be rolling out the full system until we move out of early access, we would like to provide more content as well as test the basic crate & key system we want to implement in the final version of the game.
On August 3rd, we will be launching three new crates. All three crates will contain items inspired by the Battle Royale movie, some of which you may have seen in our older artworks. The first and second crates, named the Wanderer Crate and the Survivor Crate, will be free to open. Each of these crates will include one set of the themed clothing, on top of other cosmetic items. The third crate named the Gamescom Invitational Crate will have the most diverse pool of themed clothing.
At Gamescom this year we will be holding our first offline Invitational. We will be inviting a group of the best BATTLEGROUNDS content creators, and run events each day for the duration of the convention. We will also be holding daily qualifiers so attendees at Gamescom will get a chance to compete in the GAMESCOM PUBG INVITATIONAL!
We have implemented a very basic key and crate system for this test. You can use your Battle Points (BP) to buy the crate on the REWARDS page. While the Wanderer Crate and the Survivor Crate will be free to open, the Gamescom Invitational Crate can be opened with a key which you can buy for $2.50 each.
Proceeds from the sale of the keys to open the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be used:
- To provide funds needed to organize the event
- To provide a prize pool for the invitational winners
- To support a selection of charities
Once Gamescom is complete, on August 27th, the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be no longer available and removed from the game. We will then return to the free-to-open system. The Gamescom Invitational Crate, Wanderer Crate and Survivor Crate will be tradeable on the Steam Community Market going forward. Keys for a Gamescom Invitational Crate purchased on the Steam Community Market will still be available to purchase in-game.
The GAMESCOM PUBG INVITATIONAL will be livestreamed on official PUBG channels. Stay tuned on Facebook and Twitter for more details over the coming weeks!
Before I go today, here’s a look at movie inspired cosmetic items coming in these 3 new crates:
Gamescom Invitational Crate
See all of the PUBG Patch Notes on the PUBG Updates page.
Next Tuesday, August 1st, we will reset our leaderboard once again. Now that we are getting closer to launch, we will be resetting the leaderboards on the first of each month in order to test new ranking algorithms and ELO changes.
All data from the previous seasons is saved, and while we don’t have a history system yet, moving forward we will enable this in the game and you can view your match records from the previous seasons.
Each month, before the reset, we will have 24 hours of unranked matches as we backup, and update the leaderboard system.
So, for this month’s reset, it will work like this:
On July 31st 02:00 UTC / 11:00 KST match data will stop being recorded. Any matches played after this time will not be reported to the leaderboard.
From July 31st 02:00 UTC / 11:00 KST to August 1st 02:00 UTC / 11:00 KST the servers will be in UNRANKED mode whereby no match data is recorded.
On August 1st 02:00 UTC / 11:00 KST the next season on the leaderboards will begin, and all match data will be recorded once again.
We understand that these seasons may seem short, but for us to fully balance the ELO ranking system, we need to update frequently based on data from the previous seasons’ rankings.
See you in-game,
- Optimized fences, doors, and windows
- Optimized vehicle physics
- Optimized memory usage for world objects
- Optimized terrain rendering
- Optimized vehicle physics
- Optimized User Interface
- Added new weapon Mk14 EBR. Mk14 EBR is a Designated Marksman Rifle that can only be obtained from Carepackages. This weapon is chambered for 7.62mm and sniper rifle attachments
- Added two new face presets and hairstyles to character customization for both genders
- Added 1st Person server options to NA and EU Solo and Duo game-modes
- Players who choose 1st Person mode will be matched together
- Character view is set to 3rd Person mode in starting airplane and during free fall from the airplane. This will be set to 1st Person only in a future update
- Camera will stay still while looting items to prevent dizziness
- Added a new feature to report players
- Some people killed knocked-out teammates in order to avoid giving kill count to an opponent who knocked them down. Now the kill count will still go to the opponent in this specific case.
- Added new animation when using different consumables
- Improved camera transition when disabling Free look feature (Alt Key)
- Decreased the reload time of VSS
- Players may now re-enter games if they have been disconnected mid-game
- You may now play with Xbox controllers, and we will continue to make improvements with Xbox controllers
- Sound volume difference from inside and outside of building is more obvious
- Added new sound effect while scoping or aiming weapon
- Added new effects when a character is running or sprinting over different types of surfaces
- Improved character animation without any weapon or with melee weapon
- Added slight delay when using the drag-and-drop feature on items in inventory UI. We implemented this delay to provide a fair gameplay environment to all players
- Improved post-process effect when a character takes damage outside of the blue circle
Items and Vehicles
- Added a lower rail attachment slot to SKS
- You may now honk a car horn when sitting in the driver’s seat with Left Mouse Click
- Decreased the chance of vehicle explosion after the vehicle gets stuck in objects
- Vehicle driving sound will change slightly in FPP and TPP modes
- Added new sound effects for motorcycle tire screech while driving
- Eliminated firing delay of S1897 from pump action after reload
- Improved effects of boats
- Added spark effect to flat tires
- Reduced cast time of First Aid Kit / Painkiller to 6 seconds
- Reduced cast time of Med Kit / Adrenaline Syringe to 8 seconds
- Added more features and hot keys to the Options Menu
- Added new option for V-Sync
- You may now designate a maximum of two different keys for each key bind
- Added new option to set toggle on certain actions and features
- You may now use Mouse wheel up/down as one of your key binds
- Added new keybinds, such as all mute (Ctrl+M) and switching Voice Channel (Ctrl+Y), and a new option to adjust the volume of voice chat
- Added new keybinds to use specific throwables
- Added Colorblind Mode
- Added an FOV slider for 1st person view
- Added some region names to the mini map
- Added new option to display helmet, vest, and backpack equipped on HUD UI. This HUD UI will be updated further in the future
- Added new option to display all equipped weapons on the right side of the screen. This UI will be updated further in the future
- Partially fixed client crash issues
- Fixed an issue of weapons sporadically ceasing to fire despite being set to auto firing mode
- You may not use consumables in vehicles underwater
- Fixed bugs below while spectating another character
- A character appeared to be shaking when the character moves around
- Camera swing when a character scopes while walking
- Camera swing when a character peeks left or right while scoping
- A character appeared to be shaking when the player moves his mouse while scoping in Prone
- Characters farther than 500m away from a vehicle will no longer hear the tire screech sound
- Fixed post-process bug underwater in FPP mode
- Fixed an issue of the reloading sound getting played repetitively after dropping a weapon while reloading
- Fixed the probability of getting rainy weather to previous value
- Fixed a bug where a character could not equip attachment with full inventory
- Fixed a bug where weapons would continue to play looped reload animation even after canceling the reload
- Fixed a bug where a character could see through the other side of wall when scoping or crouching against certain walls
- Fixed a bug where a character sitting on objects inside of certain buildings could see through ceilings and walls
- Fixed sporadic issue of disabling in-game UI
- Eliminated bombing outside of Red Zone
First-Person vs. Third-Person Shooter Games
Choosing between the two points of view could be a challenge for novice gamers. The table below presents a short comparative summary of the gameplay aspects already discussed in relation to each gaming format.
First-Person Shooter Game
Third-Person Shooter Game
|Realism||Most realistic||Player is removed from the in-game character|
|Shooting accuracy||More accurate||Tends to be less accurate|
|Ease of aiming||Easier to aim||Can be more difficult to sight|
|Controls||Complex and challenging||Simpler|
|Field of vision||Narrow||Wide|
|Cover mechanics||Lacking||Well developed|
|Awareness of character and environment||Can be problematic as the view is obscured||Wider view improves awareness|
|Camera angles||Difficult to judge distance when jumping||Can be problematic when taking cover or moving close to objects |
Overcome by the development of intelligent camera systems
Many games feature the ability to toggle between first-person and third-person point of view. This is especially popular when a first-person shooter takes cover or enters a vehicle.