Hello, PUBG esports fans!
Each year, we bring together the best in PUBG esports from all around the world to compete for the ultimate chicken dinner. We started out in 2018 with the first ever PUBG GLOBAL INVITATIONAL in Berlin, and in 2019 celebrated the first ever PUBG GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
However, due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, we’d previously announced that we’d be postponing this year’s PUBG GLOBAL SERIES (PGS) and instead chose to hold the PUBG CONTINENTAL SERIES. While it wasn’t the same format we’d delivered in previous years, we’re thrilled so many of you have enjoyed and participated in the PCS action!
Now it’s time to look forward to 2021. We’ve taken the last year to dive into what makes a PUBG esports tournament fun and exciting, while also paying special attention to how that can be done in a safe manner for our players, fans, and staff. The result, we’re happy to announce, is the return of the PUBG GLOBAL INVITATIONAL, or PGI.S as we’re calling it!
PGI.S takes 2018’s tournament and molds it into an 8-week esports festival where players from around the world come together and compete for a massive $3.5 million dollar prize pool.
So what does the S stand for?
Lots of things, actually. The S is Survival, the core of what makes Battle Royale. It also represents the new Series format of PGI. It’s Supremacy, it’s Showmanship, it’s a global Showdown, and perhaps most importantly, it’s Safety. We’re taking big steps to ensure that PGI.S is our best tournament yet while making sure everyone stays safe.
PGI.S will be the longest global PUBG esports festival to date, lasting 8 consecutive weeks from February 1st to March 28th, 2021. This year, we’re inviting 32 teams from around the world to join us in the Republic of Korea to participate in our safe tournament format. The total amount of prize pool will be 3.5 Million USD with 30% of the profit earned from Pick’em challenge to be added later on.
32 teams from around the world will be invited to PGI.S from the regions listed below. Full team list will be released at a later date.
- Europe: 7 Teams
- China: 6 Teams
- Southeast Asia: 5 Teams
- North America: 4 Teams
- South Korea: 4 Teams
- Latin America: 2 Teams
- Japan: 2 Teams
- Chinese Taipei: 2 Teams
- PGI.S is made of two parts. Weekly Survival and Weekly Final.
- During the first week, all teams will participate in preliminary ‘Rank Decision’ matches to decide their placement, with the top 16 teams participating in the first Weekly Survival match.
- Weekly Survival will be held for a total of 16 matches during weekdays to select 16 Chicken Dinner winners.
- 16 teams with Chicken Dinners from the Weekly Survival will earn prize money and a spot in the Weekly Finals.
- Once a team earns a spot in the Weekly Finals, the next highest ranked team from the waiting list takes their place in Weekly Survival and the next match begins.
- Weekly Finals will have a total of 10 matches and a larger amount of prize money on the line, which teams will earn based on their performance.
- The team with the most amount of prize money after 6 8 weeks will be the final champions of PGI.S.
*More detailed rules will be shared in an upcoming announcement.
We’re taking several very important steps to ensure that everyone participating in PGI.S can do so without risk or worry. We want our players and staff to have a safe environment so they can concentrate on the tournament.
We’ve built two weeks of quarantine time into team schedules immediately after they arrive and we’ll be providing various services to help keep everyone comfortable during their isolation. Furthermore, we’ll be following all government guidelines and safety precautions while enacting our own strengthened safety measures wherever possible.
As always, we thank you for your endless support, lifting up each new PUBG esports tournament far beyond our expectations. This last year has been difficult for many but your dedication and passion have made it a great year for PUBG esports, despite the difficulties and hardships people are facing. We’ll be back with more information on PGI.S soon, so stay tuned!